Monday, March 30, 2009

War & Peace

Title: War & Peace
Author: Leo Tolstoy
Review: I know it's no news that this book is long, but I think since I had to read it for class it just made it seem that much longer. However, I did enjoy it. I will admit (bad english teacher!) that I did gloss over some of the war scenes, because really.

Overall I'd say the character's were pretty well developed. I think my favorite was Natasha, just because she seemed naive and innocent while at the same time somewhat deceiving. My least favorite was Mary because she was such a pushover! I mean, her Dad treated her horribly and she did nothing about it!

It's been a couple weeks since I read the book, so this review stinks. Sorry. I'm glad I was forced to read it though, cause I highly doubt I would've done it on my own.


Currently Reading: The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

No comments: