Monday, June 2, 2008

A loooong weekend

So, my weekend started last Thursday (I'm blaming the long weekend on the lack of blog updates). I convinced E to go to STL with me to pick up my little bro and his girlfriend. We got to the airport and headed straight to the arch - I'll post my fav arch picture for tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday. It was pretty fun, it had been a really long time since I'd been. I forgot how small the tram is!

S, D & E on the tram.

Before our trip up to the top, we explored the museum beneath the arch. It was pretty cool, the layout was a bit weird, but it was interesting.

This had to be my favorite sign. Seriously.

Huh...a large cow. Who knows the purpose of this one.

All in all, it was a good time. I'm definitely glad we went. I miss my little bro, he's a good guy - and his girlfriend's not bad either. :)

So, after the Arch trip it was a family filled weekend. We had dinner with my Great Aunt Dot and my cousin Ann at Emmitts, good place that one. Then the next day it was my cousin's graduation party.

Yesterday was another story! Man. So, we decided to do a practice duathlon, so we'd know how hard it will be next weekend (ahh! it's that soon!). So, E, K and I drove to my parents hauling our bikes along. We started at about 4:30. Now, let me tell you. If you're not used to running in hot weather, you're stupid to try. I run every week, but not if it's over 85. It was 90+ and I was dying. The two-mile run wasn't bad, but then the heat just attacked you. I never was able to get my breath until we quit biking. E was a great guy and didn't leave me in the dust (he is sweet). I felt like such a weenie! I mean, I run and then bike every week, but it was HARD. Dad laughed at me and said, "Well, that road is definitely not rolling hills [which is what the duathlon course will be next week], it's a lot harder." Thanks Dad! So, now I'm really nervous for this weekend. Then again, I'm not sore at all, so that's good, right?

I think I've decided I'll be volunteering at the Humane Society this summer. I'm excited. I am a bit of an animal freak. I found out last week that I don't have to take 9 hours of education courses this summer, so it was a bit of a struggle to find something to do this summer. But when Mom suggested the Humane Society, I definitely perked up. Yay...

Currently Reading: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

No comments: