Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chasing Bugs

Wordless (well, not so wordless) WednesdayThe Best Card Game Ever! Rook :)
Rowdy Youngsters
Why do I have to almost have a breakdown in the classroom for certain groups of kids to get the hint and start behaving? Seriously, I don't want to say it, but "Kids these days!"

I don't know if any of you are teachers, but it seems like sometimes, kids lately just have no respect. Or less than they used to (when I was in school). They'll grown and complain about homework, say movies are boring, tell you they love you (hello? inappropriate!), stand around talking and sitting on desks after the bell's rang... I could go on and on. What the heck?

Sick Computers
Technology's great...when it works. My work computer got a virus yesterday and completely gave up on life. Luckily today they got it working again - after they deleted my profile and set it up again - but now they're afraid my flash drive (which has EVERYTHING saved on it) might also be infected! Cross your fingers for me, cause if I lose that, I'm screwed.

Weekly Weigh-In
Down over 24 pounds! Woohoo! I got a couple more comments today, too. It's nice to know I'm not the only one noticing.

Scrumptious Scrabble
Can you say nerd? Some fellow teachers and I are totally in love with a new addition to our days. Mr. S bought a travel scrabble, so we play throughout the day, passing it to the next teacher after we're through. Yay! Words of the day: aide, goat, ssss...something. Either way, F-U-N!

Bad Metaphor
Oh yeah, the post title. You were probably wondering. It was my metaphor of the evening. The cats have been desperately chasing a wasp around the apartment tonight and it reminded me of myself...desperately trying to stay sane until Friday. Nice? Lame. :) I know.

PROMISE
I'm updating. More often. At least....wait for it.....three times a week! Trying to mix things up a bit, add some pictures, different formatting, anything and everything! Stay tuned!

Currently Reading: The Known World - had to stop and read a couple books in between!

No comments: