Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mid-Mo Flooding

So, I'm old enough to remember the drastic flooding in 1993. At the time my Dad worked in Boonville and had to go a different route to make it to work. It was crazy.

However, in all the time I've lived in the Mid-Mo area, I've never seen Columbia flood like it did this weekend. We were out and about running errands and discovered that Scott Boulevard (right off the MKT trail - pictures of this bike trail were posted in July of this year on my blog) was flooded over. It was nuts. So we turned around and went down Forum only to find that Wilson's Total Fitness and MAC were flooded (two Columbia businesses).


It reminds you that nature is crazy. I know this is really pretty minor, especially when compared to some of the destruction caused by Hurricane Ike, but it's still mind-boggling.

In other news, I'm seriously considering campaigning for Obama. And if you didn't see the Palin-Clinton sketch on SNL last night, it's a must.


Currently Reading: Finally finished "The Known World", gotta find another book!

No comments: