Friday, July 23, 2010

Trying to be creative...


I made these fun little coasters for my friend's housewarming party yesterday. And besides the fact that I couldn't find a needle and thread (seriously?) to do an invisible stitch (hello!? am I the only one who's never heard of an invisible stitch? how cool!) they still turned out cool. You'll have to imagine though cause I forgot to take a picture. They were cute.

In other news, E & I had a pretty awesome (read: really REALLY filling dinner) the other night: Hummus Quesadillas and a Southwest Salad. Okay, so E's salad was just a regular salad with some cucumbers. He didn't want to throw on the beans (who doesn't like beans...really...) or the avocado, or the salsa. And his "hummus quesadilla" didn't have any hummus either. Haha, oh well. Mine did, and it was pretty good. I'll admit, I've never bought an avocado before, and frankly, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I got a dull one, but it didn't seem to have much flavor. I got the recipes from a new blog I found, Feed Me I'm Cranky. Which really, is so true. :)

Yes, we have dinner on the coffee table.

I've taken the doggies to the dog park three times this week - twice to run. Boy was it H-O-T! Seriously, the amount of sweat was ridiculous. Last night we ran (only a mile) and I swear they almost killed me when they took off after a squirrel. Fortunately I was quick enough to stay on my feet. I really love running with my girls though, it's a motivator (they're full of energy, so I really should take them), and it distracts me from what I'm doing (I'm making sure not to trip on them, watching out for squirrels, etc.). Overall, I like it.

It's my break day from P90X. Thank you! This is the end of week 5, sweet! I have triceps, in case you were wondering. I've never had triceps before.

Okay, so that's not my triceps, but still...

This weekend I will attempt to make my first dress. I'm excited, and nervous. And really excited about going to Joann's this afternoon to find some cute fabric. I'm a nerd. It's cool.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (for the umpteenth time).

1 comment:

Nate Furstenau said...

P90X keeps popping up in my life. It's erie, really, how it just seems to peep in..kinda like Waldo hanging out in the background. I'm taking it as a sign. You like it? Recommend it?