Monday, April 21, 2008

Challenge

So, last year in June I started going to the gym with my Mom. Sound weird? Well, my parents are both really into being healthy. Dad rock climbs, bikes, runs and just generally moves around a lot. Mom is always trying to make recipes healthier. She used to bike a lot but now she goes to the gym a lot and just does weights and such. I love that my parents are healthy, hopefully that wears off, right? So, I started going five times a week with Mom. Running, a few weights here and there. You know, just trying to get back into it. Last year when I lived on my own I did...nothing. And I do mean nothing. It was pathetic. So, now I take a spinning class once a week at the local gym and manage to run at least three times a week for at least 30 minutes and then bike for at least 25 minutes afterwards. Well, my spinning instructor's been trying to convince me to do a duathlon and I think I'm actually gonna do it! Ahh! I just have to commit to it, then I can't back out...right? Well, Dad's going to do it with me, which I think will be cool. I'll just have to start running after I bike after I've run. Haha. We'll see how that goes.

I give up and admit. It's that time of the year. I'm ready for the summer. That's the one perk of my job, Summers Off! Unfortunately right now I'm going to have to take at least four classes this summer. Good thing is that 3 of the classes meet only one night a week, go CMU! So, it won't seem totally overwhelming. It just means that I don't really have a summer off. Course, last summer was pretty easy, so I don't mind :)

The kids are definitely also at the point of exhaustion. I'm getting trouble from those kids who've never caused a problem before. They're (the seniors) just ready to get out. And I can't blame them. I was so ready I got out my junior year and I never regretted it a bit. College was great, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with my students. It'll be interesting :)

Oh, and I'm looking at purchasing a new camera and little-impulsive-me is really looking forward to buying it and posting some new fun pictures!

No comments: