Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lions & Tigers & Bears...Oh wait, Nope!

So, today Erik and I set out to visit the St. Louis Zoo. We set off at about 11 a.m., got to the "zoo area" at about 1:30 p.m. Then at around 2:45 p.m. we discovered that both of the itsy bitsy parking lots were full. It took us that long to get from the north parking lot to the south parking lot. Oh, and we got lost on the way, too. :) It was a great trip to the zoo.

So, we figured out we were pretty much S.O.L. when it came to the zoo. I've been wanting to go for months now. I know, it's a zoo. But, I love animals, and it's something different to do. Plus, I haven't been to a zoo in years. Seriously. I can't remember the last time.

Once we figured out the zoo trip would have to wait we decided to go to the Science Center. Erik's an engineer and he'd never been, plus I just think it's cool. I think what he (and I) enjoyed the most were the logic puzzles. Some of them seemed impossible! There was one where you had to balance 12 nails on top of the head of one nail that was secured into a block of wood. We gave up thinking it had to be impossible, but I looked up the answer (I know, cheater), and it's pretty cool. I think I'll try it next time I'm home.

So even though our trip was much longer than expected, we still had fun. The Science Center is very cool if you ever get the chance. It's just the beginning of my summer of planned trips. I plan on going around Missouri to all of those places I've never been:

Arch (I've been, but come on, it's cool)
Hannibal (Mark Twain!)
Elephant Rock State Park (also been, but it's pretty, and also cool)
Biking on the Katy Trail
And we'll see what else when I get my Missouri Tourism guide.

I'd go further, but I have no money and, alas, must take way too many classes this summer. So, Missouri, here I come.

Currently reading: Knee Knock Rise

No comments: