Sunday, January 25, 2009

What was your most embarrassing moment?

I've been pretty fortunate in my life. First of all, my family's crazy. So I got used to being embarrassed at a young age. Heck, my kids (students) look at me sometimes like Who is this woman? Haha, it makes life interesting.

However.

Earlier this week there was an incident at school involving one of my honors students. She got two days of O.S.S. I was a little surprised, I mean, it's not often an honors student gets in that kind of trouble. Needless to say, I heard through the grapevine what happened. I. Was. Appalled. Here's the lowdown.

Setting: Spanish 2 (all grade levels)
Background: Student A - freshman girl, Student B - sophomore honor's girl
Incident: Student A was writing something on the board for the teacher when Student B came up and pulled her (Student A's) pants down. Yes, you read that right. She de-pants her. Now, not only did she depants her, but she got the underwear. In front of the ENTIRE class.

You may wonder, "What did the teacher do?"

She laughed.

Yes, I'm serious.

UGH! Seriously. When I heard about this I didn't even know what to say. Now, I'm a pretty modest person, so I can only imagine how mortified I would have been. Poor girl! Especially when your teacher laughs.

Why do I bring up this story? Well, later in the week when Student B got back from O.S.S. she was joking and laughing about it in class. What is it with kids these days? I know, I'm only 24, but it seems like this kind of thing happens a lot more now.

In other news? I started my Russian lit (AHH!) class Wednesday. It's been like a year and a half since I've taken class, but I'm kind of excited. Of course, we have to read an entire book by Wednesday (which I haven't started), but I'm hoping it'll be good. I'll let ya know!

Currently Reading: Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow. That's pretty awful. I can't believe the teacher actually laughed. After laughing did she at least kick the girl out and write her up? I'm assuming that's how she ended up with OSS. Kids are C-R-A-Z-Y.